Level of Education:Advanced University Degree (Master or equivalent)
Area of Study:International studies, development and migration studies, or equivalent.
Years of work experience in what area(s):
1. At least eight years of professional experience on migration governance or other development related areas;
2. Experience working with Somali government institutions, civil society and the private sector in support of institutional capacity development;
3. At least five years of experience in international project management , with strong technical expertise in migration governance in a fragile or recovery context, including strong skills in report writing;
4. Experience of working with the European Union, UN Institutions or other organizations specializing in development related work;
5. Experience in coordination the formulation and implementation of policies related to migration governance;
6. Solid understanding of the migration context in Somalia and the existing institutional frameworks on migration governance as well as community dynamics and conflict resolution mechanism.
7. Strong coordination competence, with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress against set workplan, indicators and project deliverables.
Languages needed: Fluency in English and the Somali language is essential. Other UN languages are an asset.
General Skills / Other Requirements:
1. Strong communication and drafting skills;
2. Experience in researching and analyzing security, political and social issues in Somalia is an asset;
3. Ability to work under tight schedules, stressful environment and multicultural context;
4. Ability to monitor and to undertake research in Somalia, in collaboration with other institutions, is required;
5. Highly motivated with a positive attitude and proactive problemsolving approach;
6. Proficiency in the use of computer with common software and internet; good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications;
7. Willingness and ability to work closely with governments, international institutions/agencies and communities;
8. Knowledge of procedures, reporting requirements and ethical practices of IOM;
9. Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement and incorporation of lessons learned and best practices into business process routines;
10. Demonstration of professional behavior and personal ethics, transparency and openness to encourage respect and similar behavior from colleagues in the workplace;
11. Experience of working successfully with a variety of stakeholders, particularly governments, thinktanks, media and non-governmental organizations.